Mystery has a way of captivating the human imagination, sparking curiosity and igniting a sense of adventure. From the depths of unexplored realms to the complexities of the human psyche, mystery invites us to delve into the unknown with wonder and anticipation. This article is a journey through the realm of Mystery Quotes, lines that embrace the enigma of life, inspire introspection, and celebrate the art of unraveling secrets.
Whether you’re intrigued by tales of intrigue or find solace in the mysteries of existence, these quotes are here to accompany you on a thought-provoking exploration.
Mystery Quotes About Love
- The mystery of life isn’t a problem to solve, but a reality to experience. Frank Herbert
- Without mysteries, life would be very dull indeed. What would be left to strive for if everything were known? Charles de Lint
- The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. Albert Einstein
- It is the basic principle of spiritual life that we learn the deepest things in unknown territory. Often it is when we feel most confused inwardly and are in the midst of our greatest difficulties that something new will open. Jack Kornfield
- Until we accept the fact that life itself is founded in mystery, we shall learn nothing. Henry Miller
- The most beautiful thing we can experience is mystery. It is the source of all true art and science. Albert Einstein
- Beauty is the mystery of life. It is not in the eye, it is in the mind. Agnes Martin
- I would rather live in a world where my life is surrounded by mystery than live in a world so small that my mind could comprehend it. Harry Emerson Fosdick
- The greatest thing is to give thanks for everything. He who has learned this knows what it means to live. He has penetrated the whole mystery of life: giving thanks for everything. Albert Schweitzer
- Mystery creates wonder and wonder is the basis of man’s desire to understand. Neil Armstrong
Quotes About Mystery
- No, explanation is not needed – only exclamation, a wondering heart, awakened, surprised, feeling the mystery of life each moment. Then, and only then, you know what truth is. And truth liberates. Rajneesh
- Life is not a problem to be solved, but an experience to be had. Alan Watts
- When you have solved all the mysteries of life you long for death, for it is but another mystery of life. Khalil Gibran
- I am entirely on the side of mystery. I mean, any attempt to explain away the mystery is ridiculous. I believe in the profound and unfathomable mystery of life which has a sort of divine quality about it. Aldous Huxley
- When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained. Mark Twain
- Nostalgia! I feel it even for someone who meant nothing to me, out of anxiety for the flight of time and a sickness bred of the mystery of life. Fernando Pessoa
- The mystery is at the heart of creativity. That, and surprise. Julia Cameron
- If a child is to keep alive his inborn sense of wonder, he needs the companionship of at least one adult who can share it, rediscovering with him the joy, excitement, and mystery of the world we live in. Rachel Carson
- There’s never any closure in an awe-inspired life, only constant acceptance of the mysteries of life. Paul Pearsall
- We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time. T. S. Eliot
- Meditation has only one meaning, and that is going beyond the mind and becoming a witness. In your witnessing is the miracle – the whole mystery of life Rajneesh
- Music is the answer to the mystery of life. The most profound of all the arts, It expresses the deepest thoughts of life. Arthur Schopenhauer
- As I make my slow pilgrimage through the world, a certain sense of beautiful mystery seems to gather and grow. A. C. Benson
- The end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started. T. S. Eliot
- Where there is mystery, it is generally suspected there must also be evil. Lord Byron
- The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer. Ken Kesey
- Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born. Albert Einstein
- Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are a part of the mystery that we are trying to solve. Max Planck
- It is the dim haze of mystery that adds enchantment to pursuit. Antoine Rivarol
- The past is history. The future is a mystery. The present is a gift. Lisa Unger
- There is a theory that states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory that states that this has already happened. Douglas Adams
- It began in mystery, and it will end in mystery, but what a savage and beautiful country lies in between. Diane Ackerman
- The possession of knowledge does not kill the sense of wonder and mystery. There is always more mystery. Anais Nin
- The job of the artist is always to deepen the mystery. Francis Bacon
- The answer is never the answer. What’s really interesting is the mystery. Ken Kesey
- The true mystery of the world is the visible, not the invisible. Oscar Wilde
- Do what intrigues you, explore what interests you; think mystery, not mastery. Julia Cameron
- Love is an endless mystery, for it has nothing else to explain it. Rabindranath Tagore
- The mysterious is the very ground of our being–our hope and our destiny. No one ever knows the simplest thing unless one also feels there is more that has not been explained.
- The mysterious is always attractive. People will always follow a veil.
Share these Mystery Quotes with your friends.
Mysterious Woman Quotes
- The true mystery of the world is the visible, not the invisible.
- Mystery creates wonder and wonder is the basis of man’s desire to understand.
- Mystery is not the absence of meaning, but the presence of more meaning than we can comprehend.
- In a world where everyone is overexposed, the coolest thing you can do is maintain your mystery.
- The mysterious eludes all words of explanation, but it is more significant than all that can be explained. There is always something beyond where we have gone.
- Mystery is an intellectual process… But suspense is essentially an emotional process.
- Characters can be mysterious and you’re not really sure which way they might turn at a given point.
- Do act mysterious. It always keeps them coming back for more.
- Don’t be easy to define. Let them wonder about you.
- The more mysterious, the more imperfect; as darkness is, in comparison with light–so is mystery, in comparison with knowledge.
Life Is A Mystery Quotes
- Mystery is the fundamental emotion that stands at the cradle of true art and true science.
- Man has always been afraid of anything mysterious, forgetting that the key to the mystery is within himself. One must free oneself from all impeding conditions or circumstances, which are different for everyone. Progress depends upon free will that is directed toward good.
- I have sometimes suspected that the only thing that holds no mystery is happiness, because it is its own justification.
- I want to hear you laugh. Don’t let the mystery go now.
- I cannot forecast to you the action of Russia. It is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma; but perhaps there is a key. That key is Russian national interest.
- Everybody is wonderin’ what and where they all came from. Everybody is worryin’ ’bout where they’re gonna go when the whole thing’s done. But no one knows for certain ‘n’ so it’s all the same to me.I think I’ll just let the mystery be.
- The most beautiful thing we can experience is mystery. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed.
- It is enough for me to contemplate the mystery of conscious life perpetuating itself through all eternity, to reflect upon the marvelous structure of the universe which we dimly perceive, and to try humbly to comprehend an infinitesimal part of the intelligence manifested in nature.
- There are some mysteries so big that they will take the whole world to solve them.
- Reason quite properly rejects contradiction, but rationalism abhors mystery, which every heresy attempts in its own way to resolve.
Top 10 Mystery Quotes
- “The greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places.” – Roald Dahl
- “Mystery creates wonder, and wonder is the basis of man’s desire to understand.” – Neil Armstrong
- “The world is full of magic things, patiently waiting for our senses to grow sharper.” – W.B. Yeats
- “The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced.” – Art Van Der Leeuw
- “The more you know, the more you realize how much you don’t know.” – Aristotle
- “The pursuit of mysteries can lead us to wondrous discoveries.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
- “Mystery is at the heart of creativity. That, and surprise.” – Julia Cameron
- “The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.” – Marcel Proust
- “There are mysteries to the universe we were never meant to solve, but who we are and why we are here are not among them.” – Ron Perlman
- “The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death.” – Oscar Wilde
Quotes On Mystery
- It is not in the books of the Philosophers, but in the religious symbolism of the Ancients, that we must look for the footprints of Science, and re-discover the Mysteries of Knowledge.
- Ride, captain ride, upon your mystery ship, Be amazed, at the friends, you have here on your trip. Ride, captain ride, upon your mystery ship, On your way, to a world, that others might have missed.
- Can you think of any reason why someone would kill him? The troll scratched his head. Well, ‘cos dey wanted him dead, I reckon. Dat’s a good reason.
- Between the mysteries of death and life, thou standest, loving, guiding,— not explaining; We ask, and Thou art silent,— yet we gaze, And our charmed hearts forget their drear complaining; No crushing fate, no stony destiny! Thou Lamb that hast been slain, we rest in Thee.
- There is no mystery whatever — only inability to perceive the obvious.
- Today for real mystery one has to look to cosmology and elementary particle physics.
- Whoever believes in a God at all, believes in an infinite mystery; and if the existence of God is such an infinite mystery, we can very well expect and afford to have many of His ways mysterious to us.
- There is no religion without mysteries. God, Himself is the great secret of Nature.
- Where is the subject that does not branch out into infinity? For every grain of sand is a mystery; so is every daisy in summer, and so is every snowflake in winter. Both upwards and downwards, and all around us, science and speculation pass into the mystery at last.
- That great chain of causes, which, links one to another, even to the throne of God Himself, can never be unraveled by any industry of ours.
Mystery Quotes remind us that life is a tapestry woven with unanswered questions and hidden truths. Embracing the mystery is an invitation to embrace the journey of discovery both external and internal. As you ponder the words of these quotes, may they inspire you to seek the thrill of uncovering the unknown, to question assumptions, and to find beauty in the spaces where answers are elusive. Just as a puzzle invites us to solve its pieces, may life’s mysteries encourage us to approach the world with a curious heart and an open mind.